Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Journey to Stardom: Day 18 - Monday, January 18, 2010 at 12:35pm

Hello Everybody!!

I miss you all; this blogging idea was great. I love telling everybody how I am doing and keeping you guys updated. Feel free to leave comments, as well; I love conversation and I am willing to accept any thoughts about what I write :)

Anyways, my weekend was great. I went out with my two friends, Kyle and D'Wayne and had a great time; they are some wonderful people. I also went to church and my pastor preached about not letting your past discourage you from where God is sending you in the future. That message really touched me and it was so inspiring because it is basically the jest of how I have felt, how I have been feeling occasionally, and it was just so true. It really hit home. I mean, it has just become so vitally important for me to trim my life of negative people, experiences, and situations and lately, this life change has led me to think of quite a bit and make quite a few changes. That's why that sermon hit home (Thanks Pastor Jones). I know that this is my year and it is time for me to start making better decisions and not only watch who I hang around, but be cautious and selective of who I let hang around me. I encourage everyone to do the same. If someone is not helping you get where you are trying to go in life, they are holding you back, period. Because they are either trying to tear you down or they are wasting your time, two elements that will keep you from accomplishing what you want and NEED to accomplish in life, real quick. I am done letting the foolishness and craziness of others hold me back. I am taking stand in my ife for the better and who ever is there with me at the end is who was REALLY there with me all along and if there is no one there at the end, I have myself and GOD. That is all I need.

I know that everything happens for a reason and that God shows us certain things and leads us to certain things (to hear, see, or experience) for a reason. I got this email from my grandfather this morning. It was my confirmation for how I will be living my life from now on; may it encourage and inspire you also; it is called "Front Row":

Everyone Can't Be In Your FRONT ROW

Life is a theater so invite your audiences carefully.
Not everyone is holy enough and healthy enough to have
a FRONT ROW seat in our lives. There are some people
in your life that need to be loved from a distance.
It's amazing what you can accomplish when you let go,
or at least minimize your time with draining,
negative, incompatible, not-going-anywhere
relationships, friendships, fellowships and family!

Everyone Can't be in Your FRONT ROW..

Observe the relationships around you. Pay attention
to: Which ones lift and which ones lean? Which ones
encourage and which ones discourage? Which ones are on
a path of growth uphill and which ones are just going
downhill? When you leave certain people, do you feel
better or feel worse? Which ones always have drama or
don't really understand, know and appreciate you and
the gift that lies within you?

Everyone Can't be in Your FRONT ROW.

The more you seek God and the things of God, the more
you seek quality, the more you seek not just the hand
of God but the face of God, the more you seek things
honorable, the more you seek growth, peace of mind,
love and truth around you, the easier it will become
for you to decide who gets to sit in the FRONT ROW and
who should be moved to the balcony of your life.

Everyone Can't be in Your FRONT ROW.

You cannot change the people around you...but you can
change the people you are around! Ask God for wisdom
and discernment and choose wisely the people who sit
in the FRONT ROW of your life. Remember that FRONT
ROW seats are for special
and deserving people and those who sit in your FRONT
ROW should be chosen carefully.

Everyone Can't be in Your FRONT ROW.


P.S. Since everyone can't be in your front row, be careful; who you chose to be there and always put yourself ahead of ANY row.

xoxoxo
Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment